Kronotsky Reserve Staff

Main page / Who We Are

The governmental institution “Kronotsky State Natural Biosphere Reserve” (referred to as FSI “Kronotsky Reserve”) manages two specially protected natural territories with different statuses: the Kronotsky Reserve itself and the South Kamchatka Sanctuary (fully titled the State Nature Sanctuary of Federal Significance “South Kamchatka”).

FSI “Kronotsky Reserve” has the following goals:

• Protection of natural resources
• Scientific research and ecological monitoring
• Ecological education of the public
• Ecological tourism

Kronotsky State Reserve was established in 1934, when, by resolution of the Presidium of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee (VTsIK) it was included in a network of reserves and given government funding. Kronotsky Reserve was closed twice, in 1951 and 1961. But the need to protect natural objects and communities of Eastern Kamchatka was so great that the government again decided to restore the institution.

The administrative offices of FSI “Kronotsky Reserve” are located in the town of Yelizovo. The administration of FSI “Kronotsky Reserve” consists of four divisions: the Division of Law Enforcement, Division of Scientific Research, Division of Ecological Education and Tourism, and Division of General Affaires. FSI “Kronotsky Reserve” is headed by a director; department heads are his deputies.

Director of the Institution — Petr Igorevich Shpilenok

Law Enforcement Division
Deputy Director for Law Enforcement — Vladimir Aleksandrovich Khalmanov

Division of Scientific Research
Head of Scientific Research — Darya Mikhailovna Panicheva

Division of Ecological Education and PR
Deputy Director of Ecological Education — Tatyana Alekseyevna Gulbina

Human Resources Division

Division Head — Nikolay Vladimirovich Okulov

Division of General Affaires
Deputy Director for General Affaires — Nikolay Nikolayevich Pozdnyakov

Deputy Director of Economics — Oksana Valerievna Terekhova

Chief Accountant  — Olga Valeryevna Bukai

Enforcement of the protected regimes on land and water of Kronotsky Reserve and South Kamchatka Sanctuary is carried out the reserve’s ranger service (inspectors), who are also staff of the reserve. Scientific research and ecological education are performed both by staff and specialists from other institutions according to cooperation agreements.

The Director of the reserve is the Chief Ranger (Inspector), and his Deputies are Vice Chief Inspectors.